Dentists Benefits Insurance Company is dedicated to protecting dentists and their practices. Founded in 1985, DBIC has a proud heritage of providing dentist-focused insurance products, risk management solutions, personalized service and expert claims handling. We offer a comprehensive suite of coverage options, including professional liability and businessowners policy.
In 2017, DBIC joined The Dentists Insurance Company family. DBIC and TDIC share a legacy of protecting only dentists and are working together to secure the future of dentist-focused insurance in Oregon. Founded by a small group of California Dental Association members in 1980, TDIC has grown to protect more than 19,000 dentists with a stellar rating, solid reputation and sound financial resources to handle claims.
As of 2018, A.M. Best affirmed TDIC’s A rating,1 upgraded DBIC’s Financial Strength rating to B++ (Good) from B (Fair) and increased DBIC’s credit rating outlook to Stable.2
DBIC is endorsed by the Oregon Dental Association, and our risk management solutions protect dental practices in Alaska, Arizona, Montana, Oregon and Tennessee.
Support for Policyholders
Know that your policy and coverage remain the same now that DBIC is part of the TDIC family. And you’ll continue to enjoy exceptional service from the same Oregon-based staff. If you have questions about DBIC or your coverage, please call a helpful representative at 800-452-0504.
Company News and Updates
A.M. Best Press Release – August 2017
To learn more about DBIC’s parent company, TDIC, visit tdicinsurance.com.
Our Volunteer Board
We recognize the importance of the involvement of your peers. With director boards led by dentists and public members with remarkable insurance and business acumen, you can be sure we have our policyholders’ interests at heart.
- Teri Barichello, DMD — Moda Health/ODS vice president and chief dental officer, past president of ODA
- Daniel Davidson, DMD — TDIC director and finance committee chair, past president of SFDS and CDA
- Kevin Stockton — executive property and casualty insurance professional for 36 years
- William Ten Pas, DMD — retired from private practice in Corvallis, OR, past president of ODA
- Steven Kend, DDS (Chair) — TDIC/TDIC IS chair and WLADS peer review committee member
- Peter DuBois (Vice Chair) — CDA executive director
- Dennis De Tomasi, DDS (Secretary/Treasurer) — TDIC/TDIC IS director & chair, past BSDDS president
- Bob Spinelli – TDIC/TDIC IS & DBC/DBIC/NORDIC president and CEO