You wouldn’t practice dentistry without professional liability insurance, so don’t expose your practice to avoidable risk by neglecting to carry employment practices liability (EPL) insurance. EPL coverage responds to allegations such as wrongful termination, discrimination and sexual harassment.
With an average court settlement of over $40,000 for most employee lawsuits (10 percent of wrongful termination and sexual harassments cases settle for over $1 million), the long-term future of your practice is at risk. If you haven’t checked out DBC’s EPL Program yet, now is the time.
Why you need employment practices liability insurance:
- You make decisions that directly impact your employees, exposing you to EPL risk.
- Three out of five healthcare employers are sued by former employees.
- A practice is more likely to have an employment practices claim filed than either a general liability or property claim. The average cost of an EEOC lawsuit in 2010 exceeded $270,000.
- More than 40% of all EPL insurance claims are against firms with fewer than 100 employees.
Like most employers, dentists are vulnerable to lawsuits initiated by their employees. In most cases, general liability policies don’t provide EPL coverage. At DBC, we’ve partnered with the United States Liability Company to offer a comprehensive employment practices liability policy specifically designed to help protect your practice.
Our dental providers EPL insurance provides coverage against:
Human resources consultation
If you have a specific question or need personalized assistance, our policyholders are given unlimited access to human resources (HR) consultation by phone or online at no charge. This includes convenient access to an online library of information, forms and articles to assist with your HR needs.
Our helpline can be used for a variety of personnel issues, including:
- Harassment and discrimination
- Corrective discipline and termination
- Wage and hour regulations
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Affordable Care Act
- Access to discounted HR services such as background checks and online HR training modules
Obtain EPL coverage for your practice
DBC will help evaluate your EPL insurance needs and tailor a policy to you.